Your SEO keywords are the keywords and phrases that are included in the web copy of your content that makes it possible for people to find your website from search engines such as Google.
Therefore, this is a very important SEO related question!
When it comes to keyword research, there are many keyword planners/tools, for conducting keyword research.
In this post, I will go over the fundamental ones that are DEFINITELY worth using.
So let’s get straight into it.
1: Google Keyword Planner
Now, this one is 100% a no-brainer when you want to do keyword research. Why? Well, there are 4 key reasons:
- It’s free
- It’s raw results from Google – it’s part of Google Adwords
- It’s easy to navigate
- It’s easy to build upon
When you use Google keyword planner, you are able to get hundreds and even thousands of keywords to start using in your content marketing plan.
2: Google Search Console
Again, this is another MUST use.
Like Google keyword planner, it is free!
You will also be able to see some of the keywords people are using to search your site currently. If you aren’t optimized for them, you can optimize for them on that page/post or create a new page/post.
Under “Acquisition,” look for “Search Console” and then “Queries” and there you will be able to see the searches people have made that took them to your site.
3: Google Trends
Here’s another FREE tool provided by Google, that’s worth incorporating into your keyword research.
Google Trends enables you to be able to find trending topics to leverage instantly, instead of relying on historical data.
It is definitely worth mentioning that the use of Google Trends alone should not be the only keyword research tool you are using, but it does come in handy whilst waiting for your more longer-term evergreen content to pick up momentum.
Want to learn more about keywords, and do more effective SEO yourself?
Be sure to brush up on your skills in the following areas:
- On-page SEO: this part of the course teaches you all of the simple techniques that many small businesses don’t get right when it comes to setup.
- Local SEO: want to know how to target particular keywords locally? This section of the course offers a step-by-step practical guide on how to do just that.
- Your content: you’ll need to build an SEO-driven content strategy; this section of the course will teach you how to execute a GREAT content strategy.
- Link building: this part of the best SEO courses teaches you how to get backlinks to your webpage.
No time for keyword research?
That’s ok! It can be difficult to work on SEO whilst also running your business.
We’ll help you to achieve the digital GROWTH you are looking for by providing affordable SEO packages tailored to your small business.
For more information, ping me a message! ✉️