In July 2014, Google began rolling out the local search engine optimisation algorithm.
It was first launched in the States, before expanding it to other countries.
The intention of this update was to enable local businesses to rank higher in the SERPs when location-focused keywords were used.
Ultimately, Google’s mission is “to organise the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful”. Therefore, Google will always strive to improve the experience of its users.
Based on your question, I gather that you are looking to create and implement a local search engine optimisation strategy for your small or medium-sized business so that you can get higher organic rankings and subsequently increase your number of sales.
In this post, I will share a practical, easy to follow a strategy that will enable you to improve your local SEO.
So without further ado, let’s get started. ?
Local SEO Strategy Tip #1: Get set up on Google my Business
After getting set up on Google my business, your listing will appear when people search for your business or businesses similar to yours, on Google search and maps.
Local SEO Strategy Tip #2: Improve the SEO of your website
Once you’ve completed step #1, it is important that you make sure that you do the following things to improve your local SEO:
- Go through all of the pages on your site, and make sure that it is optimised for search engines.
- If you have a blog, install the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin, select a keyword for each blog post and take all of the recommended steps to optimise each blog post.
Also, write about local, or industry news aimed at a local audience
- Optimise your URL, title tags, headers and meta description
- Create location pages if you have a chain of stores
- Make sure that you have an ‘About Us’ page that includes a google map to your website
- Check the speed of your website using Google PageSpeed Insights
- Make sure that your website is mobile-friendly, using the Mobile-Friendly test which tests how easily a visitor can use your page on a mobile device.
Put simply, an inbound link is a link coming from another site to your site.
Inbound links help to improve your local SEO.
Sites that receive inbound links are more likely to rank higher in search engines and have a higher domain authority (DA).
Creating some guest blog posts is a great way to get inbound links especially if the inbound link comes from an authoritative website.
I hope these steps help you to improve your local SEO! Local SEO can really help you to gain relevant search engine visibility and get more leads from locals.
If you are struggling with your local SEO strategy, get in touch with our friendly team here at Pearl Lemon!!
We would be more than happy to discuss your digital growth goals.
Also, for more SEO related answers, follow this Quora page ?