Vimeo is a video-sharing platform that allows users to view, upload and share videos. It is an American platform with both free and paid services. You can watch videos for free, but you need to purchase a paid account to upload videos.
The key difference between Vimeo and YouTube is that Vimeo allows users to post videos that can only be seen by selected accounts or followers.
Vimeo was developed in 2004 and has gone through many ups and downs since then. In this blog, I will share some interesting Vimeo statistics.
Vimeo Active Users:
As of 2023, 260 million people are now actively using Vimeo. This includes both individual users and enterprise subscribers.
- 42 million of these users are based in the US, which means that almost 80% of Vimeo’s user base is located outside the US.
- Out of 260 million active users 1.9 million are paying subscribers and 6 thousand are paying enterprise users.
- The Vimeo OTT platform has 5 million active users for video monetisation.
- As of 2021, the Vimeo SaaS video tool has roughly 1.58 million subscribers.
Vimeo has been installed over 9 million times from the google play store.
Vimeo Content Creators:
The estimated number of content creators on Vimeo is 60 million who are posting videos or live streaming Vimeo.
Number of Videos Uploaded on Vimeo:
- According to statistics from 2020, over 900 million videos were uploaded to Vimeo.
- As of 2021, it was estimated that 350k videos are uploaded to Vimeo each day.
- Vimeo has got more than 100 billion views from all over the world.
- Vimeo is ranking at 568 worldwide.
- In the United States, Vimeo is at 258 positions.
- Vimeo is ranking #90 in the app store.
Vimeo Traffic Share by Device:
64% of traffic to Vimeo comes from mobile while 36% is from the desktop.
When Was Vimeo Founded?
Vimeo was founded in November 2004.
Who is The Founder of Vimeo?
Zach Klein and Jake Lodwick founded Vimeo. It is an American video-sharing website, with its headquarters in New York.
Who is the CEO of Vimeo?
Anjali Sud is the CEO of Vimeo.
Vimeo Traffic From Top Five Countries:
Vimeo traffic in different countries is shown in the following graph:
Here are the exact number of traffic to Vimeo from different countries:
Traffic percentage (%)
- In 2019, Vimeo revenue was $196 million.
- In 2020, Vimeo’s revenue was $283 million.
- Vimeo revenue has since increased to $392 million in 2021.
Vimeo Visitors Statistics, Gender-wise:
Vimeo is visited by 57.10% of males and 42.90% of females.
Vimeo Visitors Statistics, Age-wise:
Number of Employees:
Vimeo has 600 plus employees.
Engagement: Average Time Spent on a Vimeo
The average time Vimeo users spend on a singular Vimeo is roughly 3 minutes and 22 seconds. The bounce rate of Vimeo is 63.86%.
Average Visits on Vimeo:
The average visits estimation for the last three months is given below:
Here is the exact number of average visits on Vimeo in the last three months of 2022:
- 57.10% of Vimeo traffic is direct, and 8.34% of traffic is from Patreon.
- 3.8% of traffic is from Github.
- 2.15% is from Facebook and 1.07% is from Google.
- 7.6M is organic search traffic while 460.8k is paid search traffic.
Top Organic Keywords:
In the following graph you can see the top organic keywords on Vimeo along with their volume:
Following is the exact volume of top organic keywords on Vimeo:
Vimeo market share is 18.89%.
Last 2 Years Gross Profit:
- In 2020, Vimeo’s gross profit was $194,141.
- In 2021, this profit has increased to $289,141.
Vimeo versus Youtube versus Daily motion:
The comparison between Vimeo, dailymotion and youtube is given below:
The exact numbers are given below:
No of employees