So, you’ve got yourself a website now, have you? ? It’s important that you are aware of the best on-page SEO tips.
What now? ?
No search engine traffic and visitors? ?
Whilst it might be a dream to wake up with search engine traffic pouring into your website on day one, there are some things that you can do to make sure that your on-page SEO game is up to par so that the search engines know you even exist.
In this post, I’ll be sharing 8 practical tips that you can action today, to improve your on-page SEO.
However, before I get started, here’s a TLDR for those of you who are pushed for time. ⏰
- Create high-quality long-form content
- Increase the loading time of your site
- Put your at the start of the title tag
- Ensure that the keyword is in the h1 tag
- Definitely, display social share buttons- but only the platforms your audience engages with
- Make sure your content follows a structure that is easy to understand
- Use internal links that link between your posts (Notice how many internal links there are on Wikipedia pages! – aim to have 2-3 internal links on each of your posts
- For all images, remember to use the alt text
So with that out the way let’s look at these points in greater detail:
- Have your keyword as the first thing in your title tag
– Your Keyword and the rest of the title – or your keyword may be long enough to be the title of your content. It depends on the keyword you’ve selected.
As a rule of thumb, the closer your keyword is to the start of the title tag, the more weighting it has.
- Create some evergreen long-form content
– Longer content tends to rank higher.
- Have your keyword in the h1 tag.
- Use social sharing buttons
– Indirectly, this will increase the number of links you get back to your site. The more shares you get, the more likely someone is to link to your content.
- Structure your content in a way that is easy for your readers and the search engines to understand.
- Increase your site speed
– Page speed affects your ranking.
If your page takes more than a few seconds to load, try compressing your images.
- Use alt text with your keywords in your images.
- Use internal linking – aim for about 2-3 on each post.
So there we have it, folks, that’s 8 tips you can action today to improve your on-page SEO.
More of a visual learner?
I’ve created a 14 – day VIDEO SEO course – it’s essentially a step-by-step guide that focuses on the following areas, to help you to do more effective SEO:
- On-page SEO
- Your content
- Link building ?
- Local SEO
If you would like to have a conversation about the best on-page SEO tips, or about your digital growth goals in general – let’s chat! ?
Also, for more digital marketing related advice, be sure to follow us on Quora – it’s managed by Rajesh, one of our SEO experts at Pearl Lemon ?