The 10 Things YOU MUST Remember When Hiring A Digital Agency
Hiring a digital agency is a little bit like hiring a plumber.
If you aren’t a plumber yourself – you’re not really sure if what you’re being told is actually the truth. But you know that the growth of your business is dependent on being able to get customers through the door.
Business is going well but it could always be going better. With this in mind there are several key things to remember when hiring a digital agency to grow your business.
BEFORE SPEAKING TO THEM
- Check the business itself – how do they look on social media as well as their SEO
- If they say they ‘know what they’re doing and have the evidence to prove it’. Well the greatest proof of this is on their own accounts
- Check out the founders of the business online – how do they look on social? How do they look on the web?
- Reach out to some of their former/current clients where possible. It’s MUCH more insightful to be able to speak to them
- In absence of this – check to see if these businesses have video/audio testimonials
- See what free advice the business offers
- The level of free advice offered is usually an indication of how good their ‘premium services’ are
WHEN SPEAKING TO THEM
- How do you intend to improve your search engine ranking?
- Anyone who offers to improve it dramatically and fast. Be wary of. It’s probably a series of low quality backlinks which could hurt you
- Do I need to make any changes to my website?
- If the consultant says no. Be afraid. Be very afraid. There are almost ALWAYS onsite SEO changes required first (and often ongoing)
- Ask to find out who their longest serving client is
- Key to find out how consistently they deliver
- Good SEOs can grow businesses in up to double digits month on month
- Do you offer any guarantees on ranking?
- Hint: this is a trick question – if they say yes. RUN
- What is your hourly rate for work?
- Expect to pay from £70-£150 per hour for a good SEO consultant